Oracle JInitiator 1.3.1.28 install...

3duser

Hello there,

I am creating an XP SP2 build in BDD 2007 and one of the applications I need in the base build is Oracle JInitiator 1.3.1.28.

I have extracted the EXE I had and am running the SETUP.EXE file with the -s switch for a silent install.

So the command line is just: setup.exe -s

What I am wanting to know is how can I make changes to the application so that the following is set,

1. On the Basic Tab the Java Runtime Parameters have specific settings.

2. How to specify a specific Cache size different to the default.

I would probably create a batch file that would run the setup.exe command and then have reg entries to be changed if this is at all possible.

Thanks

Joe

Inferi0r,

I had a look at that site but I wanted to do something simpler so that when someone else viewed it they would easily know what I did. I am building an image but am not supporting it.

Since I am using BDD2007 and SMS I added JInitiator as an application in the Lite Touch build process.

First I installed the application on a PC and then set my required parameters in the JInitiator Control Panel Applet. This actually creates a folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\.jinit with two files. It looks like the files are only created after you make changes in the applet.

My batch file basically ran a "setup.exe -s" and then just copied the ".jinit\*.*" to the administrators profile.

When I do the Image Capture Wizard process SYSPREP copies the admin profile to the Default User profile so all subsequent users pick up that folder and files and the JInitiator applet has the correct settings. After rebooting the system and logging in as a general domain user it all looks OK.

I have not as yet tested it via SMS OSD but if I have any problems I will update this post.