Windows 98SE Service Pack + Revo Pack + Autopatcher Crashed =P

Well.. Hey

I just installed 98SE on a old pc.. so I could give it to some people..

Well.. at first I took the Autopatcher, and let it install ALL updates. (some skipped during the installation)

Then, when I was finished, I took the Unofficial Service Pack.. what was not in dutch the last version..

But autopatcher changed me menu's etc. to english.. so I tried the service pack to restore it..

Nothing... Installed Revo pack... and most was dutch again..

Expect the menu bar.. and whole IE...

So I thought.. lets uninstall IE6 english, and lets install IE6 dutch..

And did so.. well id*** I am..

The computer booted, when it was booted.. i got error explorer.exe and tried again.. nothing..

So.. Safe Mode ofcourse.. error.. explorer.exe

Meaning that I have to start over again with installing lol.

=D

Had fun with it, and just want to say it looks all great.

=P Revo Pack is cool.

Anyway.. I had updated the kernel to.. But I couldn't run Windows Live Messenger =P

But the website was thinking I was a WinXP computer cause I got the website for IE7 and Windows Live Messenger instead of the junky MSN 7.0

And same for a firewall I tried..

So you installed Auto-Patcher on a Dutch language edition of Windows 98se ??

And the only problem was that some of the text that was normally in Dutch is now in English ?? The only problem ??

I ask because this would be good to know if this is the case. Then i can explain that it may be possible to install AP on systems other than English ... :yes:

I have a Dutch Win98se too. I have an English IE 6.0 and a long time ago I installed SESP ver 1.6 in Dutch. After that I installed every available update, official and unofficial, in English. Everything is English now besides the Control Panel. No problems whatsoever, I do understand some English :)

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be the case with Autopatcher since it contains the same updates. So if you don't mind the English, Autopatcher should be save I think. But to make a system backup just in case is always recommended, no need to mention that right?