Sysprep -reseal -factory -mini

Hi all

I'm new in this forum,

would some one expert may explain me exact concept of -reseal -mini -factory switches, and when to use each of them,

and also when these switches combine link " sysprep -quiet -reseal -mini -pnp " in some article the expert suggested this combination when to cloning with different Hardware. but I cant understand the difference between -mini and -reseal

both sounds do the same thing. please don't copy the MS how to sysprep intro to me, I would thankful in you explain me in a simple way with example.

Edited by zardosht

Dude...Google is your friend. I found the following information in a very quick Google search that brought up this site:

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Artic...43371.html?Ad=1

sysprep -reseal -mini -shutdown

The -reseal switch deletes the machine-specific information from the PC. The -mini switch sets the PC so it starts a mini-wizard the next time it boots. The -shutdown switch tells the PC to shut down after the Sysprep command has completed. After the PC shuts down, it's ready to be imaged.

As for the -factory switch, again Google came to the rescue with this site:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457069.aspx

By running Sysprep with the –factory option, the computer reboots in a network–enabled state without starting Windows Welcome or Mini–Setup. In this state, Factory.exe processes its answer file, Winbom.ini, and performs the following actions:

1. Copies drivers from a network source to the computer.

2. Starts Plug and Play enumeration.

3. Stages, installs, and uninstalls applications on the computer from source files located on either the computer or a network source.

4. Adds customer data.