Installing Office 2000 on Windows 2000/XP

Ascii2

I wish to install Office 2000 Premium, for all multiple local users on Windows 2000/XP running computers, only once. I also wish to have any future created local accounts able to use Office 2000 without having to insert Office 2000 installation CD prior to first use of the user.

How do I go about acomplishing this?

In the past, when installing Office 2000, each local user has been prompted to insert Office 2000 installation CD prior to being able to use Office 2000.

Edited by Ascii2

I think because 2000 is 7 years old, many probably can't recall the 2000 setup process. I believe it was with Office XP where setup copied the installation files in a hidden folder called MSO. This avoided the need to insert your CD.

If you want to avoid your problem, I guess you can copy the Office 2000 installation files to your HDD or network share and install from there. This way, your install files are alway available rather than on CD.

If you want to avoid your problem, I guess you can copy the Office 2000 installation files to your HDD or network share and install from there. This way, your install files are alway available rather than on CD.
That would probably work, but would be far from ideal; much disk space would be required (posilbly per computer).

Why does Windows Installer launch Office 2000 setup prompt for intallation source after suposidly completely installing Microsoft Office 2000, for accounts that had previously not used Office?

I was thinking, perhaps an Office unattended install (if possible) may yeild desired results.