streamci.dll could not loading

Hello All

i have recently installed Windows XP Pro SP2 during installation i have skiped copying streamci.dll because of hanging CD. But now i am unable to install the sound driver. By runing setup from my sound diriver's CD it got an error on 80% "streamci.dll coule not loading...." and i have to click on the popup window several time then installation complete 100% but there is no sound. Please help

Yasir

• 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread but maybe this will be useful to those that got here through google. this was once a common error that was most often the result of a bug in an imaging program but nobody uses that imaging program anymore. i recently saw it come up on my machine in regards to a conflict between a line6 audio device and java 6. it's up to you whether the java service is more important than the sound card....i decided the sound card was more important. so this solution may be disagreeable to some, but i solved it by typing the following into the command line:

c:\windows\system32\sc.exe delete javaquickstarterservice

that completely deletes the java quick starter service, which i've found to be simply irritating anyways.