WinPEv2.0 AMD64 and HTA

markbb

Has anyone had any experience of creating a AMD64 version of WinPEv2.0 and running a HTA file.

I have created the WinPE AMD64 from the WAIK download fom Microsoft last week and can't load a HTA file, it tries to open it in Notepad.

I have installed the packages for HTA, MDAC, XML and Scripting, but it doesn't like the HTA file.

Have also created a x86 WinPe version with the same packages installed and this runs the HTA without a problem.

Has anyone got any ideas on this, as I am at a loss now.

How are you trying to open the .hta file? You should be using:

mshta "X:\Program Files\My HTA\myhtafile.hta"

Or wherever your .hta is located, just make sure that you use the full path to the .hta file or nothing will happen.

Edited by zorphnog

Hi,

I am running a .hta within the WinPE 2.0 x64 image with no problems.... however, I am using the PE image that came with the BDD, when I tried to add the .hta support to a "clean" WinPE 2.0 image, the .hta would work, but not all .html tags worked as expected. Running the same .hta from within the BDD configured image was no problem though.... the actual adding ofg the .hta support was not a problem, by reading the log files. The only known issue that I know of in terms of adding support to a WinPE 2.0 image is the WinRE functionality...

Hello Br4tt3,

When you say the WinPE from BDD, is that the current BDD version that is available now. As I have installed this BDD but it doesn't include WinPE or the WAIK's. When you open the Console for BDD it lists the components that are missing. Then you can select WAIK x86 or WAIK AMD64.

Is that how you got WinPE for AMD64, or did you download it from another location?

Has anyone had any experience of creating a AMD64 version of WinPEv2.0 and running a HTA file.

I have created the WinPE AMD64 from the WAIK download fom Microsoft last week and can't load a HTA file, it tries to open it in Notepad.

I have installed the packages for HTA, MDAC, XML and Scripting, but it doesn't like the HTA file.

Have also created a x86 WinPe version with the same packages installed and this runs the HTA without a problem.

Has anyone got any ideas on this, as I am at a loss now.

As zorphnog has pointed out:

- call MSHTA.EXE with the complete path to your HTA-file

- It may be nessessary to use double backslashes in the path when run from a script: "mshta.exe x:\\hta-files\\hta-file1.hta" - Just try it

Must bizarre, tried it this morning with no luck.

Recreated the WinPE on a AMD64 Server and ran the HTA using "mshta.exe x:\\hta-files\\hta-file1.hta"

Works a charm.

Many thanks to all for your help