Vista not letting me uninstall

Unr3a1

I installed MSDE, and it doesn't work. So I went to uninstall it, and I get the following error:

"Another program is being installed. Please wait for that installation to complete, and then try installing this software again."

I am not running any installer, I have rebooted, shutdown and restarted... nothing I do will allow me to uninstall this program. From what I could find on google, it could be a registry key not getting cleared out? Does anyone have any ideas?

When I run the installer again to try and remove it, I get the same error. I already run SQL Express, I was trying to test an older version of our software that needed MSDE.

ahh,

if worst comes to worst, you might have to run the MSDE installation on another machines, use process monitor to capture everything that happens during the installation, and manually rip out all the registry keys and settings on the machine. not the best soultion but it would work

I tried running the Windows Install Cleanup Utility, and it gives me the same error. Another installation is in progress, and it has to cancel. Where could I get a good process monitor?

I tried running the Windows Install Cleanup Utility, and it gives me the same error. Another installation is in progress, and it has to cancel. Where could I get a good process monitor?

Sorry. Just noticed that the cab file has a MSI inside. Installing it is hopeless if your MSI installation data in the registry is corrupt to start with.

Try extracting this zip archive and run msicuu.exe.

msicuu.zip

Edit:

I sent some feedback on the link that i previously gave you.

Using a MSI within a cab file to install a application to try to solve an issue with a MSI corrupted registry entries is not a good idea to start with. Please consider a simple archive extraction process that does not require installation.
Edited by MHz