WinPE 2.0 and Ghost32.exe v11 issues...

randalldale

Anyone have any idea why ghost32.exe v11 has the disk cloning either to an image or disk grayed out when booting in WinPE 2.0?

I was told it works in WinPE 2.0 but so far after integrating into the boot.wim file options to clone are grayed out???

Thanks for your insight as usual.

WinPE 2.0 does not support .NET. But .NET is not required for Ghost v11 either.

I did setup the BOOT.WIM file with all options as space is not an issue on my installs becasue I use DVDs.

As far as seeing all my drives, that is not an issue as I even run a .cmd to map a network drive and that completes just fine. I'm able to create .WIM files to the network drive so seeing drives are not an issue.

The one thing I do have is the ghost32.exe embeded into the BOOT.WIM file under system32. I will try it from a USB thunb drive to see if it makes a difference.

Just because you can map a network drive does not mean that WinPE is seeing your hard drive. What I was wondering is if you can access the C: or whatever drive on your hard disk once you get to a command prompt. PE is running from RAM-disk once you load it, so you may not necessarily be able to access your hard disk.

Problem solved guys,

I reinstalled Ghost Suite 2.0 and grabbed the file again to test it in a USB thumbdrive. When it worked I moved the original ghost32.exe to the root of the CD thinking it couldn't be embedded and got the same error? Luckly I tried the new file and it worked fine. So I deleted the old file added the new file to the BOOT.WIM and things are working fine.

So the usual that typically happens did the first file was bad, getting another copy fixed things. But the really weird part was that it worked under WinPE 2005 Server 2003 based.

Thanks for your thoughts and help on this.

Randy