Posts posted by ripulisimo
To install kaspersky silently, grab the msi file and run it with this switch /qb /norestart. Put your key in the same folder of the msi file, it will be automatically added.
for your config file, unfortunately the latest release do not update your config during the installation. you have to export it manually.
Yeah thanks, kinda hoped you could export config during install, but it's not big job to export them manually
Well heres how I did the PerfectDisk2008 silent install:
1. Download latest PerfectDisk2008 version/installer.
2. Extract installation files from the .exe installer with 7-zip.
3. Remove uncessary install files (folders), like i removed x64 (64-bit) OS installation folder, I got x86 (32-bit) OS.
4. Go to folder ...\x86\program files\Raxco\PerfectDisk2008 and find config.ini
5. Open config.ini with notepad for example.
6. First you must enable the use of config.ini during installation.
#Set this value to 1 to enable configuration with Config.ini file.
7. Go to the bottom of the config.ini to [License] -section and put your License key in "LicenseKey=NNN-NNNNNNN-NNNNNN-NNNN" replace the "NNN-NNNNNNN-NNNNNN-NNNN" with your license key.
# Allow inputing a license key on install
# LicenseKey = NNN-NNNNNNN-NNNNNN-NNNN
# where NNN-NNNNNNN-NNNNNN-NNNN is a valid license key.
# default = null
8. U also can modify other setting in the config.ini -file for your taste.
9. Save the config.ini file.
10. Run "PerfectDisk_x86.msi" from X86 -folder with "/qb /norestart" switches or whatever switches u like to use.
Hope u understood!
So does anyone know howto make KIS 2009 unattended (silent) install? So that license key and specified settings gets imported during installation =/...
Works like a charm
Many thanks ricktendo64 !!!
I'm having problems with compiling the script, I get error like this:
Unrecognized [LangOptions] section directive "LicenseText"
What's the problem??
How can I integrate the registration into the Perfect Disk install?
in Application Installs
Posted · Edited by ripulisimo
Sry my bad... forgot to mention that you have to enable use of config.ini from config.ini I updated the instructions
So change that to "1" and it should work fine.