ATI Catalyst 6.1 Drivers

sai351

I want to use the winnt.sif method to install my video card drivers. I'm running a Saphire Radeon X800 GTO. However, I can't create a backup. I don't have the option to extract the files from the install.exe file. I also installed double driver and tried creating a backup but I can't even find any video drivers. I created backups of everything else but I just can't find anything for video drivers. Any recommendations?

When you last installed drivers, the setup file decompressed the files it needs to the root of your system drive in ATI. Look in there for your drivers.

Catalyst 6.2 is out. Try updating your drivers and pay attention to the first window that pops up. The directory shown will contain your drivers.

1) For Display Drivers: run the setup and it will extract them to C:\ATI. copy the 2kxp folder inside the display drivers and use this in winnt.sif file as explained in the guide.

2) For the Control Center: extract it like display drivers. need to do an admin install point for control center. to do this, run setup.exe /A and then select where you want to store the files. after it finishes, copy the files in the path you selected and use ATICCC.msi /qn /norestart in runonceex to install it.

NOTE: before you install control center you need to install InstallScript Engine 9 from installshield (google it, as i dont remeber where i downloaded it) this file is also a msi file so use this switches /qn /norestart

this will install your display drivers and control center. tested up to 6.2 version. i already made a topic on this one. search for popular drivers/appz first.

Edited by elajua

When I installed CCC 6.2 it installed the files to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\6-2_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_30152. The directory contains various files such as install.ini, setup.ini, some .exe's, .cab's etc....It also contains 4 sub directories. I'm not entirely sure which files I need for my UA setup. (This is my first UA setup :} )

I'm not entirely sure which files I need for my UA setup.

read my reply above yours:

2) For the Control Center: extract it like display drivers. need to do an admin install point for control center. to do this, run setup.exe /A and then select where you want to store the files. after it finishes, copy the files in the path you selected and use ATICCC.msi /qn /norestart in runonceex to install it.

NOTE: before you install control center you need to install InstallScript Engine 9 from installshield (google it, as i dont remeber where i downloaded it) this file is also a msi file so use this switches /qn /norestart