[Release] ConfigAccounts

Ok, here's a couple of little scripts for configuring the builtin Windows accounts for better security and letting the end user select account names of their choosing.

The first script, ConfigAccounts.vbs, is a straight VBscript. The script processes the default Administrator account by renaming it, stripping the description away, disables the account, and puts it in the Guests group. It then processes the Guest account by renaming it and stripping away the description. A fake administrator account is then created, complete with the appropriate description, and is also put into the Guests group. The other superflous accounts are then deleted (ASPNET, etc.).

The first script then calls the second script, NameSettings.hta. This is my first HTA so please be gentle. It's not pretty in parts, but it does do the job. An interface is provided for the end user to enter in the name of the computer, the name and password for an administrative user and the name and password for a restricted user.

There is password confirmation for both user accounts. If you don't match them up for either account the whole interface refreshes and you have to start over. Just couldn't find a way around it. Also of note, I put in default values for the computer name and the user names as sort of an example of what should be entered. Obviously you should just type over them with whatever you like.

I've discovered that things don't really always work the same when you plant some VBscript into a HTA application. And I couldn't find a whole lot of documentation on the subject either. So my normal ways of seperating everything into subroutines really wasn't flying with this one. Well let me know what ya'll think and feel free to improve upon it or change it to your liking. Both of the scripts are heavily edited from what I actually use. I left out a lot of things that refer to other scripts, things are specific to my installs, etc. This is really just the basic shell you need to get going.

post-31429-1126581357_thumb.png

ConfigAccounts.7z

Edited by RogueSpear