Hello from Norway

Hi. :rolleyes: I recently joined this forum. I've already posted a few messages in the thread about nLite, although I discovered now that I might should've posted here first. Oh well, better late than never, right?

I'm an 18 year old male from Oslo, the capital of Norway. My real name is Alexander, although you may call me Alex or by my nick DarkPhoenix, or maybe even Phoenix. It's not that big a deal. I have also put my picture up on my profile page, although mind you that the picture is not truly representative of how I look. First of all, I usually wear glasses, and secondly, I don't look that goofy usually. I took the picture as a joke, and figured "hmm, cool, I could use this as an MSN Messenger Display Picture", which I still do. And now I use it here. Because I don't fear being a clown. :D

How did I discover this place? The story is quite weird really. It all started many years ago when I disovered INF files, and their ability to be used as installation programs. Through them I also discovered the RunOnce method, which fascinated me, for some reason. After playing around with INFs for a while, I got bored, and just left it. Until a couple of days ago, when I had gotten Colin McRae Rally 4 for my dad, and didn't want to tell him, I wanted to install it on his PC and have it run the next time he ran it, but only once. So I thought a while, and back to my mind came the RunOnce method. Being a few years ago, I remembered basically nothing about it, and decided to search for it on the internet. This search brought me to AaronXPs Unattended XP CD Page about RunOnceEx. Unattended XP CD? my attentive mind thought. It sounded very interesting. I just skimmed through it to begin with, my mission was another, as you might remember from a few sentences back, but told myself to take a good look at it once I was done with the other task.

So, I did. I'm in the middle of making the Unattended CD right now, as a matter of fact. It'll be so lovely to finally be able to just turn the PC on, set up the correct partitions (which I believe can be done from inside the Textbased part of setup) and go to school. (evt. go to bed) And when I come back from school (evt. wake up) - my PC is installed and ready for use.

I'm glad others have done this before me. I would never have been able to do this myself, I think. Even the idea was new to me until I disovered this site.. but I'm sure I've come to the right place for Unattended XP installs. So far I've noticed that people here are nice, helpful and humorous. Excellent if you ask me. People don't seem to hide things they know either, which is lovely. Instead they seem to wanna compete about helping others. Lovely, that. :)

If you've read all down to here, I must say you're a cool person. As you might have guessed, I'm talkative. Very. Anyway. My nickname, like my picture, is rather unrepresentative. I'm not very dark at all. I'm quite nice a guy, I believe. You, dear reader, can be a judge of that, after I've profiled myself enough on this forum.. if I ever get that far... :D

During the creation of my unattended CD, I will most likely have some questions, so be prepared everybody. I trust you will be helpful, like you seem to be with others.

Hello again, everybody, and have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...