echo -=[Add Nas to administrator group]=-

net user Nas /add

net localgroup "administrators" Nas /add

net localgroup "Users" Nas /delete

net user Nas /comment:"Administrator User Account"

net user administrateur /active:no

echo.

echo.

The command "net user administrateur /active:no" will disabled the administrator account (That's more secure :))

If you want to AutoLogon : >>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/...dp_log_peyn.asp

Somewhere I picked up this:

set _USER=whatever

net user %_USER% "" /add >nul

net localgroup administrators "%_USER%" /add>nul

%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "DefaultUserName" /d "%_USER%" /f

%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "DefaultUserPassword" /d "" /f

%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "AutoAdminLogon" /d "1" /f

Ok - I have NO vbs scripting expertise at all so I will leave this to the experts. Is it possible via batch file or vbs script to prompt me for the names of any users that need to be added to the machine and then run the command line syntaxes with the names that i input.

Ultimately, I would like this to be accessible via Desktop shortcuts to the Administrator after the install. It would also be helpful to include another shortcut to a batch/vbs that would allow me to customize the name of the machine. Right now, all I have is "MyHomePC" on "MyHomeNetwork".

I would like to have this one generic install (I already got the initial uninstall cd to work which is awesome!!!) Please give me some feedback and/or suggestions - I can write batch files but have been out of practice for quite awhile.

Thanks to everyone for all of their help in advance.

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!!

:)

Ok - I have NO vbs scripting expertise at all so I will leave this to the experts.  Is it possible via batch file or vbs script to prompt me for the names of any users that need to be added to the machine and then run the command line syntaxes with the names that i input.

Ultimately, I would like this to be accessible via Desktop shortcuts to the Administrator after the install.  It would also be helpful to include another shortcut to a batch/vbs that would allow me to customize the name of the machine.  Right now, all I have is "MyHomePC" on "MyHomeNetwork".

I would like to have this one generic install (I already got the initial uninstall cd to work which is awesome!!!)  Please give me some feedback and/or suggestions - I can write batch files but have been out of practice for quite awhile.

Thanks to everyone for all of their help in advance.

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!!

:)

yes, that will be a very good idea, I think that you'll have a feedback pretty soon. I'll wait with you.

install.cmd

set _USER=Squall
net user %_USER% "" /add >nul
net localgroup administrators "%_USER%" /add>nul
%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "DefaultUserName" /d "%_USER%" /f
%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "DefaultUserPassword" /d "" /f
%SystemRoot%\system32\reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "AutoAdminLogon" /d "1" /f

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]
".\installs.cmd"

And everything under $OEM$.

NB: someone of the forum did this for me, I'm sure you guys can find the thread :)