Virtual CD-RW

estunum

Before posting, I did search for familiar topics and did not find answer to my inquiry. I'm trying to find a software that will make a virtual CR-RW drive, one that can be recognized by iTunes. The closest thing I found is NoteBurner, but requires extra steps within the software. I guess what I'm trying to find, and I understand it my might be too much, is a virtual CD-RW drive that can be recognized by iTunes, I burn music onto it using the iTunes burner, then being able to access that burned music from My Computer, like any other music CD. Hope that made sense.

I hadn't. Installed it earlier and it creates a virtual DVD Drive, so iTunes doesn't recognize it. NoteBurner is still the closest thing, so I think I'm gonna have to go with that and buy the full version.

My goal is to share my protected music bought on the iTunes store. I have about 55GB of music and roughly 45% of that is music bought. So using this I will be able to put as much music as someone may want into a playlist, burn it to NoteBurner's drive, which then converts it into MP3. iTunes won't remove the protection unless a you burn it in CD Audio format, not MP3 or WMA.

I had already kinda decided to keep NoteBurner, I just wanted to post this to make sure I had exhausted at possibilities. Thanks.

i'm lost...

you want to load music, that is already on your computer, into a virtual CD, to listen to it??

why not just play the music that is on your computer as-is?

i know in iTunes that you need to make a playlist to burn to disc. just make a playlist and play from it. why does it have to be on a CD first?

For my pleasure, I play the music untouched.

Now, when I want to share my music, sometimes I can't because the music they want is music I bought at the iTunes store, which is protected music(M4P). The only way to best remove the protection , is to burn that copy-protected music into an audio disc using iTunes. When I do that, iTunes removes the protection so it can be played in a regular CD player. I can share my music using CD's but that would cost me many CD's and each CD is limited to 700MB. Using the virtual drive, I can create a playlist as large as I want, "burn it" to the virtual CD-RW, which then converts it to MP3.

If I was to simply copy and paste that protected that music, when they try to play in on their computer it would ask to authorize that computer. An iTunes store account has a limit to authorize 5 computers, that would not work because I've shared protected music with more that 5 people. The virtual drive is to only to give me a final product of unprotected music without using physical CDs. Hope that clears it up a a little more, or you can go to www.noteburner.com to see what the product is for.