An interesting problem, which might challenge you.

Froberg

Right.

So at work, I am trying to make an unattended setup for our Corporate windows XP.

The reason we need an unattended install, is because we need to strip it of all useless stuff, to make it run faster.

They're going to be used at schools and the like, and they're old Compaq ENS/P866e machines.

I can install the regular XP just fine, so I did, copied the hotfixes and integrated them into my tweaked setup and got ready to install.

Error.

I get as far as the first XP boot up, see the mouse cursor - then reboot. All. The. Time.

I've tried everything I can think of. Not including any hotfixes, only including hotfixes, only stripping down, only making it an autoinstall. It's the same deal, no matter what I try.

I've been making nLited installations for use at home for well over a year now, and I've never had these kinds of problems.

If anyone might have an explanation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

It should be mentioned, however, that we do have automated installations capable of running on these machines, via automated network install. So it is possible.

Thanks for the great software!

A reboot makes me think its not environment or account related. However, getting as far as the mouse cursor seems to preclude driver issues. I did see this once when i integrated the latest Intel INF file in my build. It crash booted on older PCs. I recommend that you go back to the drawing board and try a step by step approach.

Start with a full XP install and nlite strip it. Try that to see if it works.

If it works, integrate the latest patches/hotfixes and the tweaks you need.

If that works, integrate any additional drivers + software and then try that.

Aye, that's what I've been doing.

A regular XP installation CD works just fine, but as soon as I do ANYTHING to it, it f***s up.

I tried with just putting in the CD-key, still broke.

I actually saw a glimpse of the message, something about not enough resources?