WPI in the future wishlist

Great!

Okay, then how about to include more switches? For example for some programs WPI does not find a switch but it can be found here http://www.appdeploy.com or here http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=12657. It would be cool if you could manually include them.

I'm also thinking if it is possible to add an option to your program so it would be able to record when program is being manually installed and then save the log. So all you have to do it to attach the log file and it will install the program in the same way you installed it. This will allow for ealisy configurable setup. Kind of like Almeza multiset. But problem with this program is that when you install a program there is not log file, so after you close the program you cannot open it again and run an installation of a particular program.

Edited by planoleg

• 2 weeks later...
strangely can't find this anywhere so i'll make it a feature request:Option to fill in useraccounts (with their avatar)/give computername/give workgroup name (for the network).That would be great!...

This would be cool. Kindalike OOBE stuff, I disabled OOBE because it runs at the wrong moment..if you could include stuff like this with the WPIinstall that would be great ;)

-computername

-computerdescription

-workgroup

-timezone

-useraccounts..

HJW

- User to set somekind of ETA in configuration per app.

- Add backgound/wallpaper during installer.. (i hate that black schreen :P )

Edited by HJW

Oooh an ETA would be sweet! So we could have a time remaining on the installer window, that would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Your not the only one.

In XP there was an addon for this.

I am working on a hacked up method to call WPI after the desktop loads I have some ideas..

<--- Thats ALOT of recoding there. Not likely to happen anytime soon.

Ok, fair enough, however what do you think of a custom background/splash for behind the installer (@desktopwidth en @desktopheight)?

I am working on a hacked up method to call WPI after the desktop loads I have some ideas..

<--- Thats ALOT of recoding there. Not likely to happen anytime soon.

Ok, fair enough, however what do you think of a custom background/splash for behind the installer (@desktopwidth en @desktopheight)?

That would be nice.

In XP i had this fixed, but not in Vista