Disk Management

olocin

hi i read an anticle when i was reviewing for an mcp exam a utility on windows 2003 server that notifies when disk is almost full. can anyone give me a link on how to do this or an article?

one more on a file server windows 2003 server, where can i view on who deleted, edited or created a folder?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Windows Server 2003 R2 has the File Server Resource Management utility that can be setup for a number of these tasks...including sending reports as to who owns what directories/files, duplicate file reports, etc, etc.

thank you guys for your reply, so i have to use vbscript to know if a haddisk is almost full, one more thing will this script add weight on the server? i mean when processing?

thanks mmX for answering the second question..

thanks again...

adding alerts to the machine would be an easy way to do it as well, alerts can be setup in the preformance concolse. you could set it to something like if disk x is > 80% capacitiy, email person y

adding alerts to the machine would be an easy way to do it as well, alerts can be setup in the preformance concolse. you could set it to something like if disk x is > 80% capacitiy, email person y

thank you so much...

one more thing will this script add weight on the server? i mean when processing?

This is part of spec'ing a server. When you're buying a server you should buy it with enough power to run all of the processes that need to run, plus all of the management tasks as well...and of course add some power for future growth. Too much power is never a bad thing, but not enough is... :)