Church website. Opinions needed and suggestions

Hi,

I have been commissioned to create a website for my Church. You can see the old site at : Here

The site I have been working on is currently hosted Here and will eventually be transferred to the "proper" church domain.

I am looking for opinions on the design of the site and the information contained within it. Any suggestions are welcome, as well as constructive critism

Thanks

HougTimo

Looks nice, much better than the original.

Two things I noticed, the scrolling marquee on the home page either need to be longer, or needs to continuously scroll rather then reset to the beginning when the end is reached. And the slideshow brought up a missing link, this may have been due to the site being worked on but I thought I would mention it.

Looks nice, much better than the original.

Two things I noticed, the scrolling marquee on the home page either need to be longer, or needs to continuously scroll rather then reset to the beginning when the end is reached. And the slideshow brought up a missing link, this may have been due to the site being worked on but I thought I would mention it.

Yeah, can you let me know what browser you are using? I know there is an issue with the scrooling marquee in Firefox which I am not sure how to fix ... (anyone have any ideas?)

Also I know about the link. We're currently re-writing the slideshow in Movie Maker, so it should be up soon. Maybe I should point that out on the site.

Thanks very much for all your comments :D

Tim

The newer version looks much better than the original :yes: !

The thing that caught my eye however, is the line Holy Trinity Church is not responsible for the content of external websites on the Online Media Page. In my humble opinion, this is like telling me not to go to these sites, and a little more painful to the eyes. Try to consider to understate it a little bit, or since your background color is white, use a little more grey color or something less than black or #000000 - #C0C0C0 would be nice.

The newer version looks much better than the original :yes: !

The thing that caught my eye however, is the line Holy Trinity Church is not responsible for the content of external websites on the Online Media Page. In my humble opinion, this is like telling me not to go to these sites, and a little more painful to the eyes. Try to consider to understate it a little bit, or since your background color is white, use a little more grey color or something less than black or #000000 - #C0C0C0 would be nice.

Thanks for that :) I will certainly look into changing that :)

thanks for your input!

HougTimo

The site has a nice look and feel to it, the only things I would change about the layout, is the main content area creates another set of scroll bars, even on my 19 inch monitor the main browser pages scrolls (1280 x1024), I feel having 2 sets of scrollbars is unneccessary as the user has to scroll anyway with the amount of content, so I would change the class .overflow in your CSS to this:

.overflow
{
width: 825px;
height: 619px;
}

Also the validation from W3C is worth doing.

Other than that you should be proud of your design. :thumbup

Edit... woke up this morning and thought you could get rid the overflow class completely and take the corresponding <div></div> tags out the html pages.

Edited by TomcaT