networking router->router

this is my setup:

modem->wired router->wireless router

i am on the wired router and i have 2 comps on the wireless router. how can i network myself with the comps on the wireless router?

also, i do not want to attach my comp to the wireless router, i just hate that router..

Does each router have other switch ports? If so, connect one of the internal (LAN) switch ports on the wireless router to one of the internal (LAN) switch ports on the wired router, and do not connect anything to the WAN port on the wireless router. You may have to disable DHCP and all other features other than wireless security on the wireless router to make sure clients get addresses from the wired router, but otherwise this should work just fine.

If your wireless router or wired router (or both) don't have other switch ports other than WAN and LAN, then this becomes more difficult.

Right - connect one of the 4 switch ports on the wireless router to one of the 4 switch ports on the wired router (make sure the wireless router's DHCP configuration is disabled), and it should work (a switch is a switch).

Right - connect one of the 4 switch ports on the wireless router to one of the 4 switch ports on the wired router (make sure the wireless router's DHCP configuration is disabled), and it should work (a switch is a switch).

will do, thanks.

also if the ports on the 2 routers are not auto-sensing you will have to use a crossover cable between them :)

i've got one of those around here somewhere..