windows 2000 profesional SP4: cant install ie 6 sp1

I am installing windows 2000 in an old PC, and everything goes fine, or so i thought :P

if i manually download the ie 6 sp1 installer, or if i install it through windows/microsoft update, it seems to install just fine, but when i go to the "about"window, the IE logo still reads IE 5 (the big picture), but the text says version 6.****

after installing other updates that apear on WU, the about window still has the ie 5 picture, but i has nothing on the version text, and it crashes XD

i dont know if my bigger problem happens without further updates, i didnt test using IE before updating it further after installing ie6sp1, but after fuly updating it, i cant copy text from pages, nor can i fill in text boxes (google, yahoo, forum logins, etc)

any ideas how to fix this or why is this happening ? :P

EDIT: right mouse button does nothin inside IE either

edit2: it does in some parts, and opening the properties gives an error too :P

well, something i did with nlite was causing it (i cant believe that i had a pc from a client who gave me a non booteable win 2k to install, and since i was using nlite to make it booteable i did some modifications to it, and i ACTUALLY never tested ie, i cant think what theyll be thinking about me now :P )