Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6 Update 1 silent install

Asymmetry

Hello!

I would like to silent install Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6 Update 1 through RunOnceEx.cmd.

I made my RunOnceEx and it looks like this:

----------------------------------

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP2 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET PP=%cdrom%\Install\

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%15 /VE /D "Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6 Update 1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%15 /V 1 /D "%PP%java6.exe /s" /f

EXIT

-------------------------

But I didn't manage to get silent installer. Can someone help me?

I am trying to deploy jre to aprox. 500 users and I want to control when to update to newer versions. I have tried several suggestions, but with no luck.

I have tried to use the command line as stated by Sonic, but java is still configured to autoupdate.

Any suggestions are welcome.

The package I put together and that is shown acouple of posts above does have the auto-update turned off.

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/jre6u1.exe

Sonic the reason why the switches you posted aren't working is because they aren't being passed on to the internal msi file.

I made an admin install source of JRE and repackaged it with these switches --> /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 REBOOT=Suppress SYSTRAY=0 JU=0

I would like to understand why the switches aren't beeing passed to the msi. I have also tried with the following vbs-script, which installes still with autoupdate, so I wonder if the syntacs is 100% correct.

Option Explicit

On Error Resume Next

Dim objShell : Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Dim objFSO : Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Dim objNetwork : Set objNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")

Dim strExec : strExec = "MSIEXEC /i " & Chr(34) & "\\Server\share\jre1.6.0_01.msi" & Chr(34) & " ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0"

objShell.Run strExec,,1

Set OpSysSet = Nothing

Set objShell = Nothing

Set objFSO = Nothing

WScript.Quit

I have also tried with a batch-file:

"M:\Generelt\Java (Sun) Offline installation\jre-6u1-windows-i586-p-s.exe" /s ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0

Still no luck. I would very much like to understand why my scripts don't work, so I will be able to make correct scripts in the future (I have made a couple of scripts installing applications silently based on msi-packages with transforms and updates with no errors)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

To disable the prefetching feature of the newer Java versions('Java Quick Starter' service), then add this extra command-line to your NT command script:

"%programfiles%\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe" -unregister