[Bugs] Official XPize 4.x Bug Reports

XPero

Many changes in my personal life have taken place lately, all of them very good. Now I'm ready and have some time to work on XPize.

In order to prioritize bug fixing in the next version of XPize, I have created this topic intended for bug reports only. Please follow the following guidelines:

• Report only XPize related bugs. Do not ask for new features nor provide suggestions for future releases.
  • Give detailed information about the bug. Screenshots and / or any kind of resource that can help me on the resolution of the bug is welcome.
  • Add a new reply for each bug.
  • If you think you have the solution to a bug or can provide valuable information on how to fix it, please let me know via PM. Do not reply here.
  • All replies which do not follow this guidelines will be deleted without previous notification.

Thank you very much for your help. :hello:

Possibly trivial but I noticed that the WinRAR theme doesnt get fully installed. Only the archive icons are skinned; WinRAR remains with the regular icons and the theme doesnt show up in the list.

I already installed the theme manually so sorry for not getting screenshots. and im using WinRAR 3.7 btw.

Fixed

Edited by XPero

Got another one for you...If you XPize shell32.dll and install logon/logoff screens numerous icons arn't updated...

Looks like the shell32.dll.txt in Extras\Logoff\Shell32.dll\ hasn't been updated for a lonnnng time. :thumbup

Cannot reproduce that. Please wait untill next beta to see if problem persists.

Pay close attention to the bottom star... the current one (left image) in XPize 4.6 is cut off at the bottom.

botherio9.png

I've patched up the resource and attached it for you, think you'll agree its much nicer.

Resource Bitmap 694 for ieframe.dll

Fixed

Edited by XPero

I noticed issues with MrNxDmX' Internet Explorer 7 Addon

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...asc&start=0

when I integrate MrNxDmX's Addon, xpize not more functioning 100&, I got some changes but many dialogues not xpized e.g. winver (About Windows)

I don't think this is XPize's problem. Please PM me if I'm wrong.

Edited by XPero

These aren't really bugs, but, in my opinion, the following icons should be XPized:

- WMV file icon, when Windows Media Player 10 is Installed.

- Internet Options icon in the Control Panel (is Vista-like, if IE7 is installed)

- Software Explorers Icon in Control Panel (Windows Defender related)

- the CDF icon dosen't exist anymore (due to IE7): I suggest icon-file association like you did with PDFs, PHPs, etc.; for legacy purposes (I know, this one is pushing it too hard :blushing: )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I always used Xpize before passing to Vista. I think it is a very good work.

Now I use XP on a virtual machine and I noticed some issues (not really bugs) in XPize.

-Many icons in Outlook Express 6 aren't updated. Here's a screenshot (the icons are marked in red)

Those cannot be patched: low quality icon support.

-Reguarding the Luna Element and Luna blue Mod, I think the resources of the Start Menu options should be modded. Here are my modded .bmps in explorer.exe: Options 1 - Options 2

In the Luna Element Mod the logon screen may be included too.

I'm not supporting mods any more.

- Although I don't really know what happens if you select IE7 in the patch options when you have IE6, for those who keep Internet Explorer 6 and/or Windows Media Player 9/10, is it possible to make a selection in the install options to switch between IE and WMP versions?

I know this is unfair, but IE6 and WMP10/9 are not supported.

Hope I've been useful. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Edited by XPero

• 2 weeks later...

The only "bug" that springs to mind is the patching of 7-zip custom icons as all of the .dll files in the latest version are rolled into one new 7-zip.dll file

i know this isn't "high priority" but it'd be very much appreciated if this could be fixed to save me having to manually reshack it on every new 7-zip release ;)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all thanks for the good work of XPize - I find it to be the best graphic addon for XP.

Some of the reports below are more about aesthetics and preferences, in other words they are not really bugs, but I'd be grateful to see those been addressed.

1. The edge

post-149133-1186277624_thumb.png

As you can see the icons displayed while copying stuff has some white edges. I know its because the icon itself is not straight-lined which makes it difficult to remove all the edges: maybe change some of those icons or is there a way to not install this copying image addon?

2. Mouse config

post-149133-1186277748_thumb.png

Any chance to replace that ugly mouse image?

3. New hardware

post-149133-1186277781_thumb.png

On the top right corner the icon is with blue background which doesn't fit in well, why not change it to the white/transparent background icon?

4. Taskbar options

post-149133-1186277927_thumb.png

The font of "Start" seems have some ugly edges, and I think the windows name "Sleeping with..." is a little bit intrusive for a screenshot meant to be generic.

Again, all great work I just want it to be even more perfect :)

Edited by Digitalwingx