no OS yet. problem?

railmaster7

ive built my computer havent installed vista and i want to use Vlite, but ive read about how you use it before you install Vista. Im curious how i would do that with a brand new computer without an OS.

Edited by railmaster7

railmaster7, install Vista or XP, modify the image, burn it and reinstall. Just don't activate the OS in the process until you're satisfied with the result.

Just to notify you that it's possible to capture your current install, modify that image and redeploy it...haven't tried it yet but someone told me that he does it without the problem. This could be very useful, especially when new component removals are added, but not recommended in general...because if some old removal is fixed there is no easy way to adapt the change without the full reinstall from the scratch.

Just to notify you that it's possible to capture your current install, modify that image and redeploy it...haven't tried it yet but someone told me that he does it without the problem. This could be very useful, especially when new component removals are added, but not recommended in general...because if some old removal is fixed there is no easy way to adapt the change without the full reinstall from the scratch.

Yep, it's the alternative to OEM offline servicing. Saved me some trouble a couple of times.