Q828026 Showing As Not Installed

Following the main page guide, Q828026 Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands shows as uninstalled.

I have read on this forum that Windows Media Player 9 has to be installed before this update. If this is the case I persume the reference to WMP9 has to be put in svcpack.inf under the [setupHotfixesToRun] heading.

If this is the case what version of WMP9 do I download and what switches do I use.

TIA

Phill :/

Installing WMP9 after installing 828026 will restore the older versions of files, so 828026 should be installed afterwards.

You can grab the WMP9 and MM2 bundle which is switchless and can be installed from svcpack.inf, so add that line, then add 828026 below it like so:

WMP9MM2.exe

Q828026.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Sorry my mistake

This is what it says on the oem website about WMP9_MM2_ENU.exe:

WMP9_MM2.exe installs both Windows Media Player 9 Series and Windows Movie Maker 2.0. It defaults to a silent installation with no user interface. It requires no additional command-line parameters when invoked.

One other question I see dx9ntopk (DX9b OPK Version) can also be installed silently from svcpack.inf. Does it mater where it goes in the SetUpFixesToRun heading.

And is there an OPK version of .net framework 1.1 or any other microsoft application that can be run from this location

Dave XP you have a good point. A question to you all I persume it would be better to re-package with iexpress the "dx90update_redist.exe" as it's a newer version than the b opk version "dx9ntopk.exe".

If im right what syntax would I use to make a silent install in iexpress.

No point 'iexpress packaging' the new directx9.0b update that came out a few days ago, it doesn't support a silent installation so stick with the OPK.

There's no advantages or disadvantages whether you run them from svcpack.inf or GuiRunOnce, its probably more convienient to run it from svcpack.inf though :)

AaronXP you say

"No point 'iexpress packaging' the new directx9.0b update that came out a few days ago, it doesn't support a silent installation so stick with the OPK"

But I thought that was the idea of iexpress. As Dave XP said

"......but you can make it switch less by using iexpress to repack the files"

Prehaps i'v got it all muddled up.Thanks guys

Phill

its only switchless if you provide the switch when creating the package in iexpress, but since the end-user directx 9.0b doesn't allow silent install switches then you can't provide one in the iexpress wizard.