How to integrate a language pack in vista dvd ?

garrettbr

You maybe take a look on Vista Update Integrator 0.8.1.3 Beta. The're not using any of MS files (I cannot see them in install folder)...but it's working.
They have WAIK as prerequisite.
The current version of the Vista Update Integrator doesn't work with Vista x64 (it doesn't even start working).

As I couldn't install the German language package onto my running Vista x64 (I always got an error and the install failed), I tried mhyll's batch file, and I succeeded - it worked like a charme for me! Thanks for editing the batch file and thanks for your explanation how to use it.

Little side note: MiniPETools didn't work for me, I had to use WAIK.

You maybe take a look on Vista Update Integrator 0.8.1.3 Beta. The're not using any of MS files (I cannot see them in install folder)...but it's working.

They have WAIK as prerequisite.

I used it without WAIK.

As I couldn't install the German language package onto my running Vista x64 (I always got an error and the install failed), I tried mhyll's batch file, and I succeeded - it worked like a charme for me! Thanks for editing the batch file and thanks for your explanation how to use it.

Little side note: MiniPETools didn't work for me, I had to use WAIK.

I used it without WAIK.

Which Vista version (x86 or x64) and which tool did you use instead of WAIK?

Here is a question, when i integrate a second language pack to the default DVD, say it was original in English, and i integrated Martian using the script, would both be installed into vista, only Martian being the default one, or would only Martian be installed (yes i am very fluent in Martian lol) ?
Both languages will be installed and you have the option to switch between them.

If you start booting of the Vista DVD, you can choose the default language, but you can change it later at any time (Control Panel > Regional Settings).

I have the pack as .exe , how make a .cab out of it?

Just unpack it by using a tool like 7-zip or WinRar.

EDIT: My idea obviously was not good. Do what mhyll has written in the following post.

Edited by Fernando 1

I have the pack as .exe , how make a .cab out of it?

Just unpack it by using a tool like 7-zip or WinRar.

By doing this you'll not get a CAB file, but more than 10.000 files included in Language Pack. You must run the EXE file, an it will create a temporary LP.CAB. This you must copy somewhere else. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi mhyll

By doing this you'll not get a CAB file, but more than 10.000 files included in Language Pack. You must run the EXE file, an it will create a temporary LP.CAB. This you must copy somewhere else.

I've downloaded English Language Pack for Vista x86 from link but I cannot execute it - it says that it is not valid win32 application??? I've checked digital signature of it and it is correct, so file is not corrupted. Also I can open it with WinRAR and see all files inside it.

Is there any catch for executing it?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I also interesting if there is a way to desintegrate Language Packs and if it is possible to desintegrate the English language from Vista.

Ps. mhyll I love your script It works perfect! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

greets for mhyll :hello::sneaky: