"Press any key..." message option

evisu

hi there the new 1.4nlite is awesome. thanks for the great work.

however i have problem with the "Press any key...' boot message" option.

i have "disabled" it so i wouldn't be entering setup everything i restart. but "Press any key..." message is still not there.

i have spent a few hours on my nLite slimmed down version of XP. may i ask if there is any way to put the "Press any key" message back in without redoing everything?

Thanks

i have problem with the "Press any key...' boot message" option.

i have "disabled" it so i wouldn't be entering setup everything i restart. but "Press any key..." message is still not there.

Err... you disabled something and it's not there... hum. Strange. :whistle:

You enable the option to get the message and unless interaction from the user, the system does not boot from cd but from the next boot device.

Disabling the option (like you did) will have the systyem booting from the cd every time, causing a loop at installation if the cd is before HDD in boot order.

the option is to remove it. disable the option shouldve leave it there?

It amazes me how you guys can turn those sentences upside down to get that nonsense that "enable" would "disable", this is the 10th thread about this one.

Once again, Press Any Key boot message ...Enable=enable, disable=disable, right ?

The option is enabled by default, you can change it (use the option) to disable the message.

Nuhi please :blushing: change the comment to "Use this to make your CD/DVD bootwith or without displaying the Press Any Key message".

@Ponch

I don't really think it needs editing. There are quite a few options in nLite that require you to do a "double-take" and think long and hard about it, but I actually think this particular one is explained very well.

In fact, it DOES have a pretty clear WARNING on it, as well. :whistle:

Just chalk this one up to "Not paying attention", and leave it at that. ;)

• 6 years later...

I belong to those guys who turn the sentences upside down. So i have to check for every line in nLIte the correct meaning.

imo:

" Remove (something) " should be followed by Y or N

" some sort of Message " should be Enabled or Disabled

It's "just" a matter of vocabulary, but also helps for disambiguation

Edited by fonkyki