how do i create a theme myself, that can run w/o 3rd party softwares

iceangel89

• 2 weeks later...

to create the .theme file just apply you visual setting like:

(Desktop background, Screen saver, Appearance, Mouse Cursors, sounds and the Visual Style you want)

then right-click on desktop->properties and in Theme tab click Save as and enter a name for the theme and choose location to save it.

Remark:

if you will run the theme from the win directory. Save it in 'win directory->Resources->Themes'

and put the desktop wallpaper in 'win directory->Web->Wallpaper' before save the theme file.

Edited by NaDer_GenKO

• 1 month later...

You could use a prog called StyleBuilder (google it....), this will let you make your own custom visual style. Of course the company that makes this prog also owns StyleXP, so they want you to use that to apply your theme, but you could just as easily patch your uxtheme.dll file. I have dozens of my own custom made themes, as well as other peoples, built with StyleBuilder that work just fine without having to use 3rd party software like Windowblinds or StyleXP.

Give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

how do i create a new theme fromscratch, i mean i want to put bitmaps and jpegs every where in sthe start menu program and the task bar etc, how do i do it, which file to crack opemnn, the shellstyle.dll

how do i tell this file to show a bitmap in the start menu bar, edit UIFile???

i just need simple guide, i already knwo alittle bit and a LITTLE more will help alot