RIS drivers

vaillantf

Hi;

I have a question that I can't find an answer in regards to my RIS servers, here it is:

We have about 3000 users in one location where we are using about 45 different kind of computers/drivers. I have all my drivers copied to ...\reminst\English\Images\%imagename%\$oem$\$1\Drivers\... and the unattend files are pointing to these drivers based on specific models. Even though the image works Ok, the thing is (which is my question), RIS is extremely slow (2 to 4hrs) because it copies all the driver files from the RIS server ($oem$\$1\Drivers\*.*) to the computer at the first installation phase (right after PXE) and only then it copies the required files Windows XP setup files.

Is it normal that RIS will copy over all the driver files located in ...\$oem$\$1\Drivers\*.* to the computer just to start the Windows XP install? We do have different unattend files for different computer models/laptops which we point to the required drivers under the OemPnpDriversPath section so why should it copy all the drivers at the first phase?

Thx

F