XFX 7600GT FATAL1TY Overclocking and temp!

Woomera

i bought an xfx 7600gt fatal1ty 2 days ago and ran some tests and games at some promising details/resolutions.

im running vista x86 and driver 158.18.

the problem is the windows without runing any 3d application the temp is 62-63C but after running a game or 3dmark the temp goes to 83-85C sometimes.is it normal? whats the limit?

and anyone knows a registry edit like Coolbit for vista to enable clocking and be able to see clock's info?

dont worry..it is normal temp. of a high-end gfx card?!do u know new high end card like 8800 series and ATI 2900 series can get around 90 C temp. this is normal. but if u want to lower it, u can do it by setting manual FAN speed, use rivatuner to set it up.

Edited by amit_talkin

thats not a high end graphics card... its midrange.

62C idle is very high for those cards, even on stock. think about getting a good heatsink for that, the stock ones are terrible!

just wondering, what are your cpu temps?

i rarely get over 50C on my 7800gt with an nvsilencer 5 rev3, those are discontinued now..

and the last time i checked, there were no overclocking programs for vista.

Edited by ripken204

Well my cpu temp max temp is 45,ive never seen it higher.

the problem with my gpu is that the fatal1ty cards have a silent cooling system that cant be changed.i cant use my zalman cu fan on this gpu :angrym:

thats not a high end graphics card... its midrange.

62C idle is very high for those cards, even on stock. think about getting a good heatsink for that, the stock ones are terrible!

just wondering, what are your cpu temps?

i rarely get over 50C on my 7800gt with an nvsilencer 5 rev3, those are discontinued now..

and the last time i checked, there were no overclocking programs for vista.

if stock heatsinks are terrible thn manufac. are not stupid to make it. still i say it is normal temp. u dont need to worry about it.idle temp. depends on ur ambient temp. if ur ambient temp. is like 40 C thn ur gfx temp. is not so bad.i m also getting 64 C idle on my x1800xt @ stock settings..although its on u to waste ur money on cooling devices. good luck.

AMIT

if you think that they arnt terrible, then why are u using AS5 and an AC Freezer?

yes they may work most of the times but once summer comes... your screwed.

oh man...i wont reply on this thread again. my temp. is 62 C idle with AS5 applied dude. and i dont think there is any region in the world is hotter than mine!! here it is 42 C average temp. thts y i have to use it.

@Woomera , i dont know abt nvidia overclocking..u can refer forums.guru3d.com to know how to do it.!

AMIT

if you think that they arnt terrible, then why are u using AS5 and an AC Freezer?

yes they may work most of the times but once summer comes... your screwed.

oh man...i wont reply on this thread again. my temp. is 62 C idle with AS5 applied dude. and i dont think there is any region in the world is hotter than mine!! here it is 42 C average temp. thts y i have to use it.

@Woomera , i dont know abt nvidia overclocking..u can refer forums.guru3d.com to know how to do it.!

AMIT

lol, that is what im talking about. when its hot out the stock stuff just doesnt work well. for you its always hot so you had to do some upgrades, whether it was thermal paste or heat sinks.

Can we get back on the subject? :sneaky:

Riva tuner and nTune both have vista versions and i installed.now i can chenge the clocks but there is a problem that they dont auto detect the max clock.i have to manualy increase it and that can lead to many system resets to find out whats the max card can handle.

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried to manually insert the same registry entries as coolbits does in xp?

if i ask that, is because same registry code/values works in vista too, nothing to loose with doing that.

one more thing (the last) just keep looking in your nTune program, there should be one way to activate many features in your nVidia control panel, i activate the overclock window and more in XP.

i have a XFX GeForce 7900GS wich is runing faster than a 7900GT (or GTX, can not remember now)

My VC is runing at 592MHz (Core) and 1570 MHz (Memory speed) speeds are autodetected (and keep by default) ill try to overclock'em manually later.

another one is comming in no more than 2 days, ill have an SLI.

want to know the stock speed? go to xfxforce.com and look for model number:

PVT71PUDF3

450MHz Core

660MHz Memory (1320MHz as advertised, it is 660MHz X 2)

room temp is about 30° to 35° and the VC goes from 54°C to 65°C on high load but now runing at 56° C.

Good luck!