nLite 1.4 beta - Back to the roots

nuhi

Couple of bugs I've noticed with 1.4 beta (nLite'ing XP Pro x64):

1) System failure: Disable Auto restart - This tweak doesn't work as it is enabled when you boot into Windows.

2) XP Theme Silver - This tweak doesn't work as it uses the Blue default theme when you boot into Windows.

3) Custom Program Files folder - I set this to "C:\Program Files" and when I checked the folder structure in Windows, there were four program folders:

- "Program Files"

- "Program Files (x86)"

- "Program Files (x86)(x86)"

- "Program Files(x86)"

4) LAN Connection setup - I have it set to Custom and configured both connections to use a custom IP address and Mask, but in Windows neither have been set up (ie. they both use defaults). BTW, I also integrate my LAN drivers.

It wold be nice if you could:

a) also tweak the "System failure: Send an administrative alert" option to disable it.

b ) Specify which user name the logon prompt displays on first boot (currently, it always displays "Administrator")

Edited by deipotent

Some new components and tweaks.

SFC fix, needs testing before celebration.

Changelog and download

Nuhi,

I recently came across your program while being introduced to the joy of building an unattended installation CD. Your program is pretty simple to understand and I only burned two coasters while learning to slipstream things into the CD. Thanks for, to me anyway, the most ingenious tool needed to save time and effort in the Wacky World of Windows. :) Keep up the good work! Any chance that in the 'Setup' area of NLite that we'll ever see the ability to set the SSID and Network keys during the install?

quick question on odd error in Vista x86.

When I select multiple exe's it crashes nLite with error: nLite has stopped working.

Steps Performed:

Start nLite.

Next.

Select OS Base

Next

Next

Tick Hotfixes, Drivers, Unattended, Options, Tweaks, Bootable ISO.

Next

Click Insert.

Navagate to my C:\Temp and press control A

Clock Open

Crash

I can select single files fine, but as soon as I select 2 or more, poof.

Any workarounds?

I am having this same issue under Vista Business x86.

Here is the event ID 1000 error from my logs. I hope this helps.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 9/27/2007 3:51:14 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: xyz

Description:

Faulting application nLite.exe, version 1.3.9.0, time stamp 0x466fbce4, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0x112c, application start time 0x01c80147e60e8b6b.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-09-27T20:51:14.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1952</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>xyz</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>nLite.exe</Data>

<Data>1.3.9.0</Data>

<Data>466fbce4</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.0.6000.16386</Data>

<Data>4549bdc9</Data>

<Data>c0000374</Data>

<Data>000af1c9</Data>

<Data>112c</Data>

<Data>01c80147e60e8b6b</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Edited by IT Rider

BUG Report:

Some days ago I found that some important components such as disk defragment and schedule task missing after nlited XP was installed. I looked up for help in support.microsoft.com and found kb922379. Actually disk defragment was still in my system(I didn't nlite it) but for some reason the install file "dfrg.inf" was not executed. After several times of trying, finally I found the reason: If "flash.ocx" is put into additional removal file box the problem will appear. :blink:

The attachment is my nlite configuration, you may try to add flash.ocx and see what will happen.

cfg.zip

I was just wondering, are there any articles on how nLite actually works (how it removes components, applies the unattended settings etc). I just thought it would be interesting as i like this sort of thing, and also useful if i needed to remove something manually.

thanks

has anybody experienced some kind of problem with the integration of IE7.0.5730.13??? released today? :whistle:

nlite 1.4b integrates IE7.0.5730.13 and the three hotfixes perfectly; just finshed a fresh install and am typing this reply on it.

Ok guys :unsure: I'm worry about the final released of nLite 1.4 because it is so late. What's going on? Nuhi, What is the status of the nLite 1.4 Final development?

Somebody already asked that question and nhui already answered it in this thread somewhere; he's busy with exams, school and so forth-his life. He said not to worry about it.

quick question on odd error in Vista x86.

When I select multiple exe's it crashes nLite with error: nLite has stopped working.

Steps Performed:

Start nLite.

Next.

Select OS Base

Next

Next

Tick Hotfixes, Drivers, Unattended, Options, Tweaks, Bootable ISO.

Next

Click Insert.

Navagate to my C:\Temp and press control A

Clock Open

Crash

I can select single files fine, but as soon as I select 2 or more, poof.

Any workarounds?

Tried vlite instead of nLite ?