nLite 1.4 beta - Back to the roots

nuhi

why beta? I hate "beta" word in software :(

I see WFP has been solved. I think I could wait for the final release. when you plan to release it?

Dunno, I just made a disk for WinXP Pro SP2 for a Toshiba Satellite A85-S1072, and after installing any extra HW drivers, I am still recieving WFP errors.

@nuhi

The 'Start Menu > Remove Windows Update shortcut' tweak only gets applied if removing IE also, just like the 'Start Menu > Remove Windows Catalog shortcut' tweak, which i previously have reported.

The 'Boot/Shutdown > Enable Num Lock' tweak dosen't work(i know that it's also listed on the net, but it atleast dosen't work on a fresh install).

The 'Privacy > Disable error reporting' tweak is described as it is just disabling error reporting to MS, but the tweak sets two reg keys, one for doing that + one for not reporting critical errors to the user at all anymore(ShowUI=0), so i would recommend either changing the description or preferebly remove the 'ShowUI' reg key entirely.

In the Unattended User Creation settings, then if selecting to create a user with admin priviliges and with a blank password + being able to change the password, then you will get prompted about 14 days after about needing to make a new password as the "old" one will soon expire.

Thank's in advance.

why beta? I hate "beta" word in software :(

I see WFP has been solved. I think I could wait for the final release. when you plan to release it?

Dunno, I just made a disk for WinXP Pro SP2 for a Toshiba Satellite A85-S1072, and after installing any extra HW drivers, I am still recieving WFP errors.

I know, the problem still exists, try using Windows File Protection Switcher 1.0 for 2K/XP/2K3 you can find it somewhere in this forum.

:hello:

Edited by Mauri

Every mirror of the latest beta gives me a 403. Even ones I found on Google. I lurked here for an hour or so, and nobody says a word about it. Is there any way I can get the beta? Thanks!

~PostalDude (first post)

EDIT: FOUND ONE!!!

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2157730/nlite-rc8 pwnt

Edited by PostalDude