nLite 1.4 beta - Back to the roots

nuhi

So, one must make an addon, then, with this ini and the inf?; please excuse my ignorance, I am a noob to coding and am attempting to learn....going to take a while, not unable to learn, but, am just starting...............

I see, but, you cab this ini and put it where; how/when does nlite find the ini file and extract it to add to nlite.inf, then, recab the inf in I386? I've read the guide on nuhi's page-no mention.....

Add the archive as an addon in the hotfixes tab... Your Settings addon will only consist of a zipped entries.ini file with a [registry_addreg] section with the reg settings you converted to inf using Reg2Inf or one of those tools

Heres mine Ricks_Settings.rar

Ignore the other lines, they set the default theme. Only pay attention to the [registry_addreg] section

Edited by ricktendo64

OK, I will try it. I tried to attach mine but it will not allow me to for some reason-already compiled after your last post-just did not know what to do with it. i'm in the process of making a new ISO and will do a fresh install in about 2 hours or so; will report back.

Well, this is a nightmare; five DVD's later and I still do not have a proper install. Swinging from fatal HIVEDEF.INF errors, which I corrected, to, finally, a corrupted install were my account is not created, logging in to the admin acc't. The Entries_...ini is not working for me at all; I'm going to create an ISO as before and use the addon for my tweaks.

Thanks for your help ricktendo64-much appreciated; I will play with the ini thing later-my patience right now is wearing thin.

Edited by RickSteele

Well used latest 1.4 only things I removed were msn and messenger. Installed the theme tweak and tcp tweak. Installed most of my drivers with no wpf prompts. Got to my ethernet broacom card drivers and received the prompt. Then I tested it with a usb drive and received the wpf prompt about 4 times in a row.

When I attach new hardware to my pc, my nlited XP doesn't pick up drivers from driver.cab , (printer in my case), instead keeps searching the required drivers at other places.

Nevermind, I traced the error in one registry file which I imported unattended.

Edited by clavicle

Could anybody please confirm following, ´cause I´m not sure if it´s a beta bug :

The HDDs are set to PIO only instead of UDMA as usual.

Used the same drivers and settings as ever.

Agi

EDIT

Yes, it is a beta bug, retested with 1.3.5 and there the mode was UDMA !

Edited by AgiHammerklau

Hi!

perhaps this already came up before (I didnt read all the post), but at the "bootable ISO" menu by default "boot sector" is set to "custom", yet, untill we select "default" and then again "custom" there is no way to add the custom boot sector...its not a bigie, but kind of anoying..

P.S. even though I always disable "start menu popup on fist boot", it still pops up...

Thanks.

I always set the start menu popup key to 2 instead of 0, in nlite.inf. (first I "extract -r nlite.in_" and delete the original)

Well, actually a good amount of tweaks I need to change, so I keep a copy of the file with all the tweaks done right and only need to monitor for different changes done to the file right after processing a fresh disc.

Sorry if this has been answered but using 1.4 beta and under Tweaks if you select "Add Registry Editor to Context Menu" after the install I get a pop up that says access denied. This also happens with "Add Event Viewer to Context Menu"