nLite 1.4 beta - Back to the roots

nuhi

My question is does the wfc issue appear to be fixed for everyone who has tested it. Also what was the cause for the wfc alerts during driver installs for older versions?

Wow NUHI... New nlite SWEET...

I like the name.. Back to basics.. I cant wait to try this.. Perhaps some of issues Ive had with the last few versions will get reworked out through this version.

Or I'll find out there all my problems LOL

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmbattle, it's for when you keep SFC enabled and remove components, or patch files, then it filters through the protection those files to be excluded. But people reported that then when you plug in USB device for example, it popups SFC protection that the file is changed which we removed or patched and you need a CD... then it gets annoying.

i just tried it, i put in ie7, wmp11 and hotfixes that follow, on first reboot i get the windows file protection please insert the cd, this is on a MS virtual pc

If you click Cancel (i.e. don't put in the CD), can you please check the event log and list which files it is trying to restore?

Thanks. We need to determine if it is the SFC Fix method that is failing, or rather if it is just something simple like a file entry that has not been removed from the fixed SFC list.

i just tried it, i put in ie7, wmp11 and hotfixes that follow, on first reboot i get the windows file protection please insert the cd, this is on a MS virtual pc

If you click Cancel (i.e. don't put in the CD), can you please check the event log and list which files it is trying to restore?

Thanks. We need to determine if it is the SFC Fix method that is failing, or rather if it is just something simple like a file entry that has not been removed from the fixed SFC list.

sorry man, i dont have to much experience with nlite, ill do that later for sure, altough if it helps when i created the identical install with nlite 1.35 few days ago it acted the same ...... ill post back in couple hours with the results ( altough like i said i dont got much experience with sliptreeming so i could also be doing something wrong, if thats possible)

sorry man, i dont have to much experience with nlite, ill do that later for sure, altough if it helps when i created the identical install with nlite 1.35 few days ago it acted the same ...... ill post back in couple hours with the results ( altough like i said i dont got much experience with sliptreeming so i could also be doing something wrong, if thats possible)

Thanks... can I also ask you to split this 1.4b/SFC topic into a new thread so I can track it easier? I'm afraid it will end up getting lost in this really long 1.4 announcement thread :)

regarding this "beta" stage: suppose I manually extract the SFX over my 1.3.5 folder & use the same session files with maybe a little more of the new tweaks but without the new removals - is it safe? is there any advantage in upgrading to this beta then? in other words - was there any massive code rewrite that can affect stuff that worked fine with 1.3.5 ?