Windows Time problem

matthewk

Hello,

My computer clock time is wrong everytime I reboot. I am currently using atomic clock sync program to fix it each time i reboot using my internet connection. This is very annoying though. I read it was due to the DST for 2007 changing. I installed the patch from microsoft, but I had removed my windows time service with nlite on this installation. So, I'm wondering is that needed in order for the patch to work?

Here's the nlite posting: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=99367

Change the battery on your motherboard.

Maybe that is a solution in 'some' cases that you've seen. But, my girlfriend has the same problem on her laptop. I had used my custom windows cd on her laptop as well. Does anyone have some other knowledge about this? I don't think both pc's are needing new batteries.

How is it wrong? Is it off by minutes or hours? You might try re-registering the w32tm module even though you say that you disabled Windows Time.

Type this at a command prompt.

net stop w32time

w32tm.exe /unregister

w32tm.exe /register

net start w32time

Let me know if you get an error when you try to stop the service.

Trekor

Type this at a command prompt.

net stop w32time

System error 1060 has occurred.

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

w32tm.exe /unregister

Windows cannot find 'w32tm.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

The time is off by hours etc. I am pretty sure that it is because of the DST change this year. And, the windows time service must be needed in order for the microsoft update to work? If anyone knows, I would like to be taught on this. Thank you