nLite crashing under Vista

Ghost82

I'm running Vista on my system and when trying to create an unattended XP installation with hotfixes, nLite just crashes on *every* hotfix I try to add.

I allready checked if the files where corrupted but thats not the case, also re-downloaded and re-installed nLite but it doesn't work... Does any of you have an idea as to whats wrong here?

Someone reported that some spyware protection software might be the cause, also the antivirus protection.

I'll see if it can be avoided, let me know if you don't have such software installed.

For the record it works fine in my tests.

I'm running Vista on my system and when trying to create an unattended XP installation with hotfixes, nLite just crashes on *every* hotfix I try to add.

I'm having exactly the same problem - if it's relevant, I'm using Vista Business Edition, with UAC switched off. I am an administrator on the workstations too. Sophos antivirus is installed, but on-access scanning is disabled.

I can slipstream service packs without difficulties, but any hotfix crashes nLite with no useful error messages.

Cheers,

Steve

I'm having exactly the same problem - if it's relevant, I'm using Vista Business Edition, with UAC switched off. I am an administrator on the workstations too. Sophos antivirus is installed, but on-access scanning is disabled.

I can slipstream service packs without difficulties, but any hotfix crashes nLite with no useful error messages.

Cheers,

Steve

The situation is the same here running Vista Ultimate, I'm administrator and have UAC switched off, but I'm using McaFee Anti-Virus, allready tried to disable on-access scanning with no result.

Geez, nuhi, you got you're hands full since Vista hit the streets.

You gotta make sure nLite works in XP and Vista, and you also have to make sure vLite works in both as well. Not to mention all the new headaches Vista presents all by itself: UAC, that whole "I'm the one who installed Vista, yet I'm not an Administrator" thing, compatibility problems, etc...

Man, I don't know HOW you do it! :blink:

But it's truly appreciated. ;)

Back again with a small note to add: I just downloaded the new beta and it's causing the same issues...

however: There are 2 patches that seem to integrate just fine (that is: nLite doesn't crash on those 2)

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-nld.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB931768-x86-nld.exe

Adding more patches does cause nLite to crash the moment they are added.