Sysprep problem

Alrighty, I have a sysprep image which works on many many many different models of PCs. from a p3 650Mhz machine to a brand spanking new dell amd 64 bit system. It will install and run on 9 different models so far. the problem is with some IBM lenovo computers. When i lay the image down on one of these Lenovo's (they happen to be IBM M52's) the image is put on properly, and upon restart I get the windows "splash screen" that is shown just before mini-setup starts, and then the computer reboots before going into mini-setup. and it will just keep looping like that.

I'm kind of baffled, because this image has worked very well on so many different machines.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Taylor

• 3 months later...

My unified works fine on the M52, but not the M52e. Only PC to date I couldn't get it to load on (works on about 40 other models).

The TPM is not the issue at all.

I don't have a M52 hooked up to look, is that a ICH7 device? I know on a couple of models of IBM (Lenovo) I had to go get an updated Intel Chipset (just ICH7 and IMSM) to get it working.

Turn boot logging on and see if it creates a log file. If it does, problem isn't storage, it is something else. If it doesn't get created ... re -bmsd your master image with updated chipset inf data for that specific model, see if that resolves it.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms791349.aspx

Turn that on too, so that flushes happen right away, I had an issue once where I was chasing the wrong thing because of when the flush happened (on a certain machine using the unified, I have to pull out usbport.inf, let it go through setup, then put it back in and devcon install the usb ports)

wow... our lenovo rep is a spaz... and i'm not much better. I hate the **** machines. turns out it wasn't a m52 at all, but an m55e, they shipped us the wrong machine :P and because these lenovo's have such screwy model naming conventions i had no clue it wasn't an m52. oh well, we had an older image for the m55e, so i just used that and washed my hands of it (we only have _1_ m52 in our district... i'm not wasting my time on this anymore specially because we switched vendors to dell).

thanks for your help :)