ASUS sucks (there is a pun in french)

Thauzar

ASUS supporter here. Build my system in 2004 and still going and going and going.... If I build a new system (in about a year), it will be another ASUS, unless I read reviews compelling me to choose another board.

Build my system in 2004 and still going and going and going....

I got one built in 2001. Still perfectly fine. And its running with a small chunk of the board missing, I guess its not an important part. :whistle:

Edited by brucevangeorge

i know people that love there asus stuff and had good luck with it also ... but my self i have changed 36 asus motherboards last couple years and 12 graphics cards and still got 3 boards that asus had repaired and said there good but wont boot at all...

and msi boards are right under asus in my book... 3 bad dvd drives, 2 bad psu's ,9 boards ,6 bad graphics cards

and i never had a msi board that had the intergrated sound last longer than a year

so i am a big dfi fan, weather it be intel or amd

Lets say 2% will go RMA max. wich is normal...

You sold last couple years like 1800 mobos, 600 VGA cards from ASUS

and

450 mobos, 300 VGA cards from MSI

Is this correct??

Listen, I have like 1.2% RMA here with ASUS and about the same with MSI (don´t sell it here any more, but did it before). No one should complain if RMAs are less then 5% or so, that´s what I think...

i know people that love there asus stuff and had good luck with it also ... but my self i have changed 36 asus motherboards last couple years and 12 graphics cards and still got 3 boards that asus had repaired and said there good but wont boot at all...

and msi boards are right under asus in my book... 3 bad dvd drives, 2 bad psu's ,9 boards ,6 bad graphics cards

You know... if you go through so much hardware in a couple of years.. chances are you don't know how to use it.

36 boards asus + 9 boards msi = 45 broken motherboards

Dude. WTF?

we started last year just using only dfi and abit and biostar

with very few come backs

the biostar board are the one that have the intergrated video

and the the other two is what we use for gaming rigs.

the abit over clock more

but the dfi is more stable for a standard gamer

but i will never buy asus boards or msi psu's again

got two bad msi psu's in a row

but the bad parts are from 7 different stores ,we do public and ebay sells

1200 boards sold per quarter of year in each store,

sold one store last year

oh, i got two 6 year old asus graphics cards that have done very well over the years

and i got one test card that is a asus ti 4200

i got no luck with asus but i know some people that love there stuff

we do public and ebay sells

aaaahhh!

You sell them!

Anyways, how many boards you get back from each brand? For example, of the DFI sold per year, how many die and are to be returned?

And what about ASUS? Surely to have that many bad ones mean you must sell them in huge numbers.

the asus is 1 out 10 are bad...

dfi is 1 out 40 or so...

abit is 1 out 30 but it is usually something like sound or enet goes out so dont really count this since most gamers add there own sound and enet cards

biostar micro boards are usually 1 out of 60 or more

foxconn 1 out 40

jetway 1 out 40

ecs 1 out 30

pc chips 1 out 30

evga 1 out 50

intel 1 out 80

gigabyte 1 out 40

epox 1 out 40

asrock 1 out 30

msi 1 out 20.. and i think all of them lost there onboard sound after awhile

aopen 1 out 40

luck has it, i deal with newegg.com so life is good.. they replace it fast and sweet

yeah we test all products that people say is bad.. alot of times the problem is that people think they know how the adjust memory timings and cpu thru clocking software that comes packaged with the product.. like asus and msi do

but those numbers above are rough and true...

but i buy stuff in volume packs like 20-50 mother boards together...

but atleast i can say i never got a bad cpu

and i can buy 60 sticks of corsair value memory and never get a bad one

but i buy some highend memory and get two bad sticks in a row

Yeah, CPUs have a RMA rating like 0.3%, it was higher before when we still sold the AMD Duron/Athlon(XP) with those breakable cores.

RAM we test directly with MemTEST, and we check if they are compatible with the motherboards (DDR2). We use A-DATA (V-DATA) most and RMA rating is around 0.3% too, just 1 in 330.

Any way, can´t say that ASUS has more RMAs in the first year then others, in general I found that ASUS has a higher MTBF, Pc-Chips is the worst, but well, what do you expect for the price ;) (They were good in 96-99 by the way).

i try to only buy really good stuff thanks to the reveiws on most websites, it make things a bit more easier to buy

i usually dont have much problems with memory or hard drives

i bought some asus barebone cases last year (mb , case)

wont do that again

everybody used to bring me there asus graphics cards after they would stop working..like the 6800gt's and 6800ultras

you can flash them and they work for a couple more months

of course i was flashing the gt to a ultra...lol

it got so bad with the 6800 series that newegg would replace them with xfx brand

ah... i hate computers

ps. and cars

My asus is still running strong too.

Is it the newer generation A7N8X, the A7N8X-E Deluxe or A7N8X-X?

I heard bad things about the A7N8Xs that were released before 2004 or late 2003.

A common reported problem was BIOS chip corruption and/or just suddenly dies!

I have the A7N8X-X, which don't have quite as much goodies as the A7N8X-E Deluxe, but apparently is a new version of the A7N8X.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Just to do a little follow up on the story.

It's about 2 months since I sent my rig to the store and they detected the problem with my 7900GTO.

Asus doesnt have replacement parts cause too many broke. After lots of paperwork and lost of times, I got 1 choice: take 200$ or a 8600GTS

so I guess I got a new card that supports DX10 and (i didnt looked at the specs) i guess is better thant what I had.

hope all works for good once I get my desktop back