Vista Showing I Have A Floppy

morocco31477

I also have this problem - it hink it might be a Vista thing.

I don't have any floppy drives installed in my PC - the mobo is an Asrock 4Core DUAL VSTA

This becomes a problem when I try to get one of my Virtual PC's to boot from a USB Floppy drive - this shows up in Vista as B: and not A:

I also have this problem - it hink it might be a Vista thing.

I don't have any floppy drives installed in my PC - the mobo is an Asrock 4Core DUAL VSTA

This becomes a problem when I try to get one of my Virtual PC's to boot from a USB Floppy drive - this shows up in Vista as B: and not A:

Please read my post above.

Maybe check the main bios screen for "legacy diskette" and make sure its set to disabled. I have an M2N-E and vista doesn't recognize a floppy because it's disabled in bios.

After disabling it you may need to uninstall floppy from device manager to get rid of it.

Hope this helps any, I've attatched screenshot of option in bios.

post-143194-1181911623_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vinod210383
Maybe check the main bios screen for "legacy diskette" and make sure its set to disabled. I have an M2N-E and vista doesn't recognize a floppy because it's disabled in bios.

After disabling it you may need to uninstall floppy from device manager to get rid of it.

Hope this helps any, I've attatched screenshot of option in bios.

i think its not a bootable cd/dvd i have same problem on my 1st instalation but when i got the bootable dvd i havent get such problem.

It is not Vista's fault, it is not the way you install it, it has nothing to do with any of that.

The ONLY reason you will see a floppy in your operating system when you don't have one physically installed... I repeat... the ONLY reason you will see a floppy in your operating system when you don't have one physically installed... is because it is enabled in the BIOS. There is NO plug and play with floppies and the operating system has NO WAY to check to see if the floppy drive is physically installed. The BIOS tells the OS wether or not one exists. Even the BIOS can't check to see if it exists, you have to tell it that it does. So if you see a floppy in your OS and you don't actually have one, then it IS enabled in the BIOS.