Power Supply Choice?

vegettoxp

Hey Guys, I am new in here and this is my first post. Hopefully this is the right place to ask my question. I am building a new system and I need help on picking up a Power Supply. The reason I haven't bought one is because I am waiting for Intel's X38 Chipset Release. I was think maybe there might be some Voltage difference. But I guess I was wrong. From what I have read around, Whatever Power Supply I buy SHOULD Work with Intel's Upcoming Bearlake-X (X38) Platform. If this is true can you guys please recommend me a good power supply.

So far in my Blue Print, this is the Config I have so Far:

CPU - Dual or Quad Core

Motherboard - Intel or Asus

DDR2 or DDR3 Memory Chip

Nvidia 8800 Graphic Card

DVD-Writer (SATA)

CD-Writer/DVD-ROM (SATA)

WD Raptor HD (SATA)

Plus 3+ HD (SATA)

This is what I have so far. I might Add More stuff later. So if you guys can recommend me a good PS, It would really help me out.

Thank You for all your help, :thumbup

P.S. Fusion :hello:

Hey Guys, I just wanted ask if you guys can recommend Watts for my system too. I know you guys can't give me a exact watts, but just in your opinion. I know alot of you guys already have given me the watts, but I also wanted to tell you that I also have other add-on stuff for the case. I am using the CM Stacker 830 Case and if you know about that case you know it has 7 Fans. I plan to use all of them (All 120mm). So if you guys can help me in the watts department, that would really narrow my PS Shopping.

I am leaning more and more towards Enermax Power Supply. 720W or There 8XX Watts Power Supply.

THX for all the help guys.

Thx again for all the input guys and after thinking alot I have made my decision and I am gona go with the Enermax Infiniti 720W (Nvidia SLi Certified) (EIN720AWT). I think and hope that this PS will take care my power needs and I also picked up some reviews that I am gona go threw. Once again Thx for all the help guys.

P.S. Fusion

nonono.... Corsair or Seasonic (same OEM actually). Enermax is bad... I've had troublesome Enermax PSUs in my testing, and a couple that didn't work up to their ratings!

If you're worried about that extra little bit of power, get a 700W Seasonic M12. Otherwise, the Corsair HX620. Both have been reviewed at SPCR, and got excellent ratings.

the Corsair HX620 is a great psu! its what i used for my friend's comp. he has an e6600 and 8800gts.

modular and thin cables, great for cable management!

Edited by ripken204