nLite and IE7 whats the deal?

millyons

OK one thing i dont get is that in nlite release notes it supports IE7 but on the other hand ppl are using other packages for it?

Is there issues when using nlite to slipstreem IE7 thats downloaded from microsoft, or do ppl use other pacages like DMX for the tweaks and stuff?

Yeah, it's mainly for the tweaks. But also, DmX adds all the IE7 hotfixes too, so it's 'up-to-date'.

I prefer using DmX's package. There's nothing wrong with using the generic IE7 from Microsucks. NLITE eats it up just fine. But (at least for me, personally) first start-up seems to stick a little using the vanilla IE7.

Is it 'safe'? I've made dozens of NLITE cd's, tweaked it 7 ways from Sunday, and never came across more than a minor hiccup. Like a lot of NLITE addons, the one you choose mainly depends on personal preference.

thanks guys ...... im just concerned since yesterday when i played with it i got couple issues

1. I integrated boogies wmp11 vanila (with nlite and wmp11 slipstreemer instaled) and ie7 from microsoft but when i instaled it on a virtual machnine on a reboot after first desktop i got Windows file protection asking me to put in the windows cd

2 is when i integrated all at once: boogies wmp11, Ryans update pack (newest) with his DX and WPA and DMX IE7 "normal" nlite was reporting "newer file already exists do you wanna keep it" when it was integrating IE7 (it was last) i put NO to all, is that ok or should have i put in YES (or should there even be those errors)?

thing is i can allow any errors with the final instal since i wanna use that for work when i setup systems for clients, and for the same reason i cant be shutting off windows file protection and stuff

thanks

edit: RaGhul actualy what concernes me the most and why im asking about ie7 is that err with file protection and also some of the comments from DMX ie7 thread where you comment that ..."I think this just confirms why those of us who disable SFC with nlite have no problems. And it WOULD make sense that IE7 would cause problems with protected system files, especially with Internet Explorer's files. ".... while i disabling sfc is not an option for me

Edited by millyons

Ok, couple of things here:

First, you don't need to use WMP Slipstreamer if you're already using one of boooggy's WMP11 Addons. The slipstreamer is mainly for someone trying to integrate WMP11 in a language other than English. It works using Microsoft's original WMP. If you're already integrating one of boooggy's WMP11 Addons, you don't need to use the Slipstreamer.

Also, you might try adding everything in THIS order:

Ryan's Update Pack

WGA

DirectX 9

boooggy's WMP11

DmX's IE7

Not to steal the thunder from nuhi (I still owe him big for helping me out ;) ), but since alot of these addons are from RyanVM, you also might consider posting there for help.

• 2 weeks later...