speed up boot process

sillentkil

hi,

is there a way to speed up the boot process it now takes about 2 a 3 minutes to boot 1 or 2 pc's i need to boot about 30 pc's using netwerk boot

does someone have a list of files i can remove or some files i have to change to speed it up

thanks,

Ricardo

Use DVD instead of CD. Additionally you may play a bit with the compression level of the winpe image.

sry, didnt read that boot is from network... you may also try different compression levels...

Edited by Vertex3

with the maximum compression i gt it down to 150mb but i like to boot it from a computer with 128 mb

Thanks for the reply

Ricardo

I think this wont work anyway (128MB RAM are too less, 256 may be enough for some apps)

Extract the wim image with imagex and use the peimg (dont really remember how its named something starting with p or so) to uninstall the packages you dont need (eg. XML, HTA,...) afterwards finish it with the same exe. In the end you can create a much more space saving image with imagex from it. Simply check the Windows AIK Manual (there you can see how to remove the packages and lower the space needed). Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Vertex3