How to view extended schema attribute in MMC?

OK, here's one for the experienced Domain admin. I'm making a sandbox test domain (W2K3SP2) and needed to extend the schema for a particular attribute we use to track the clients. That's done and, I think, is setup correctly. At least it matches the production domain. In our production domain I can go into AD Users & Computers and select this attribute from the Add/Remove columns option in the MMC View menu. The problem is it's not showing up in my sandbox domain and our forest admins are not generally accessible for such an off-the-wall question like this. Has anyone worked with their schema and know if there's a particular setting or operation I need to check to enable this attribute as a display column in MMC?

TIA

@Mods: Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic, so feel free to move it if it fits better elsewhere.

open the mmc and choose view from the menu option... then enable User, Groups, and Computers as containers. This will give you more of an explorer view when looking at the objects. This is how we were able to view the extensions.

Also, I enable the advanced features.

let me know if that was what you were looking for...

Nope, that didn't do it. The attribute isn't listed as an available column. But in the production domain the available column name is different than anything I entered when extending the schema (description, common-name, etc). I'm thinking there is something else I need to do to get the attribute to show up in the list of available columns and that I can define a more appropriate name for it, sorta like how Modify-Time-Stamp is displayed as 'Modified'.

Whoops - misread your question.

The extra columns are stored in an attribute called extraColumns. I can't find a technet article which explains how to add/remove them, but if you fire up ADSIedit, you should be able to browse to:

CN=organizationalUnit-Display,CN=<lang>,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,DC=<Domain>,DC=<Domain>

and find the extraColumns attribute.

I think you need to be at Win2k3 native functional level for this to work.