Reg Tweak To Turn Off Fast User Switching?

abybody know of a reg tweak to get rid of that stupid thing were if the screen saver turns on it doesn't log you off but shows you a login type apge and you have to click on your user again. I would prefer if the screensaver just came on. this may be nice if the system is multi user but mine is not.

no I'm having no password issues. I have only one user and for some stupid reason when the screen saver comes on after you wake it up from the screen saver you are back tothe login window. All I have to do from there is click on the user so it's not really password protected. I would prefer to not have to do this though. It would be nice to jsut go back ot the desktop after the user stops the screensaver.

Me too, or at least something similar.

in previous regular installs of xp I was manually disabling fast user switching from ctrl panel and that was the end of it, but with this first partially succesful unattended installation when I go for log off I am presented with the two icons, one for log off and one for switch user, even if the service is disabled.

I tried to disable manually from ctrl panel but I can't cuz it's already disabled, and that's correct.

I wonder if this has anything to do with skipping the Welcome, which by the way has the other unpleasent effect of registering all my settings with the name Owner.

I would rather see myself as CapedAvenger or MermaidMan, but even when you change your user name all your docs and the registry remains full of Owner.

And creating a new user means having to reapply all the reg tweaks that were user specific.

oops, am I digressing here? :)

so, anyway, having the switch user button doing nothing there is quite annoying, like having the buttons on your car's dashboard for the optional cd changer that you couldn't afford to buy.

hm well it's a little different for me. I dont have any of the user problems you do. as all my registry tweeks are done very early on and apply to the default user profile which every user on the system is made from it works very well htat way but still the stupid fast user switching stuff is a pain.

and in case after diableing fast user switching when I log off I only get the option to log off. Fast user switching is definatly not there and the screen saver also does not drop me back to the login screen for fast user switching so this worked great for me.

One other thing if I ever need it and add other users I can just turn it back on.

Yes. I don't turn off fast user switching, and when I wake up the screen saver I am right back on my desktop. I stumbled accross this somewhere, and picked it up. The real problem I had, was that I would press ctrl-alt-del two times to log on as the administrator, the screen saver would activate, and upon wake-up I was returned to the welcome screen, where the administrator was not listed, and double ctrl-alt-del no longer worked. Yes, pesky little bugger.

yes no kidding this is after a fresh clena install. I'm just testng little things now on my unatended install. The majority of it works but all of a sudden i was getting this and for the life of me I cant figure out were it's comming from. but the fix above fixes it so who realy cares.