What's Up With: Dahotfix.exe?

So there's basically nothing to download? This is the only update that is not installing. Can someone take a look at it for me. Thanks again.

CLS

@echo off

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q819639 for Windows Media Player 9

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\critical\Q819639.EXE /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q823718 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\critical\Q823718.exe /T:%systemdrive%\install\tmp /C:"%systemdrive%\install\tmp\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /Q

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q819696

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\critical\Q819696.exe /Q:A /R:N

EXIT

Im having a problem trying to call the new MDAC 2.8 and getting it to install.

Here is my test.cmd

setlocal
set PATHTOFIXES=.\critical

ECHO Installing Q820761 Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8...
start /wait %PATHTOFIXES%\mdac_typ.exe /C:"dasetup.exe /q /n" /q

@echo on

pause
pause
pause

REM shutdown -r -t 10 -c "Restarting after installing the updates. THIS IS PART OF THE SCRIPT AND NOT A VIRUS."

I think its the .\ bit it doesn't like but as I use this to use all of the other hotfixes, apps and recommended updates. see picture for error message.

The main problem is that I use these scripts so that they can be ran from any drive letter as they are install from either a cd or a sony microvault which these change from computer to computer.

I was hoping to add these scripts into an unattended cd if I can get this thing to work.

This is the old file that works fine when used. The only downside is this is MDAC 2.7.

setlocal

@echo off

ECHO Installing Q823718 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components.
start /wait %PATHTOFIXES%\Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

@echo on

Im having a problem trying to call the new MDAC 2.8 and getting it to install.

Here is my test.cmd

setlocal

start /wait %PATHTOFIXES%\mdac_typ.exe /C:"dasetup.exe /q /n" /q

@echo on

pause
pause
pause

REM shutdown -r -t 10 -c "Restarting after installing the updates. THIS IS PART OF THE SCRIPT AND NOT A VIRUS."

I think its the .\ bit it doesn't like but as I use this to use all of the other hotfixes, apps and recommended updates. see picture for error message.

The main problem is that I use these scripts so that they can be ran from any drive letter as they are install from either a cd or a sony microvault which these change from computer to computer.

I was hoping to add these scripts into an unattended cd if I can get this thing to work.

This is the old file that works fine when used. The only downside is this is MDAC 2.7.

setlocal

@echo off

ECHO Installing Q823718 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components.
start /wait %PATHTOFIXES%\Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

@echo on

It looks like it's got nothing to do with the specific exe, since it's saying it can't find the file.. You're sure that you've got the correct filename and the exe in the proper location?

@RyanVM

ive got the correct filename. when I change the path to

start /wait \critical\mdac_typ.exe /C:"dasetup.exe /q /n" /q

It works. If I remove the . before the first \ then that installs but the rest don't. If I use the above code then this doesn't work if the file is in something like this

this doesn't work with the above.

CD root

--hotfixes

-----critical

But does with this. they are the same level
CD root

--hotfixes

--critical

If it's the newest version, then why does it have a lesser Q number?  And why does it not pop up on Windows Update instead of Q823718?

Having a lower Q number means precisely jack squat. As for why it doesn't appear on Windows Update, your guess is as good as mine, other than I can say that I'm pretty sure 2.8 came out before the 2.7 update.

I can also tell you that if you install 2.8, WU doesn't prompt you to install any other MDAC updates when you run it.