Cannot install IE7

iceangel89

IE7 works fine on VLK Windows. What Microsoft has done though is mark leaked VLKs as invalid and given the original owner of the VLK a new key (and MS has tools that allow admins to re-key all machines in a network with 1 click).

But back to the original question, the answer is, your Windows is not using a valid key, end of story.

Edited by TravisO

ya its legal, validated then after that started installing then halfway thru, failed. it seems i have removed something i shouldn't? cos on some of my nLited XP (older ones) it installs fine on later ones failed. i have so many ver cos i tend to format my com quite a bit for speed, abit crazy, but sometimes is testing out nLite versions.

Actually I had the same problem about a yr ago.

IE7 install creates a log and reports exactly which file is causing the problem i believe the log should be in the windows folder.

it actually should tell you at some point where it stores the log file I don't remember at this time, but check your windows folder or your temp folder

@iceangel

Not being able to install IE7 could be many, many things.... and you've given us very little information.

A few questions:

When you say that you "can't install IE7", do you mean after Windows is installed, or during install (i.e, RunOnce, added with nLite, etc...)?

Does IE6 still work? Can you get on the net?

Have you tried re-downloading IE7 to make sure the hashes match?

Can you post us a copy of your .INI file, so we can see what has been removed/added to your CD?

Another thing to take note of, if you have IE6 marked for removal from your installation, IE7 will not integrate!

Make sure you keep IE 6, and just put the IE 7 MSI installer in your addons (I can't tell you about the IE 7 "addons" going around, just use the official release). When windows is installed, you should have a perfectly working IE 7.

Edited by Nighted