Hyperlinks

btran007

Hello Everyone,

I need your expertise. I can't seem to find anything on this subject. I want to open a hyperlink that corresponds to a Table of Content. This is the code when "Toggle Field Codes":

{HYPERLINK "C:\\Content_of_Inconsistencies.doc" \l "_Toc168799624"}

I want to use coding to open up that hyperlink. I have....

ActiveDocument.FollowHyperlink Address:="'file:C:\\Content_of_Inconsistencies.doc'" & " \l" & "'_Toc168799624'"

But it's not working. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance

btran

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a clue at what I am talking about? Maybe I am not explaining it correctly. What I am looking for doesn't have to be a HYPERLINK, but any "JUMP" action. I just want to able to go to certain area of a WORD document using code, ie Bookmark.

Please provide some assistance.

btran

First of all, I have a word document opened with Table of Contents in Frame. In the Table of Contents in Frame, I have inserted checkboxes next to each hyperlink. I wasn't able to jump to the hyperlinks using code therefore I am trying Bookmarks. Below is the Macro for a checkbox but it's not working because the bookmark only exists in the main document and not in the frame. Attached is a screen capture of what I am trying to achieve. If I can define what frame the bookmarks belong to might work. I would appreciate any comments or assistance.

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()

If CheckBox1.Value = True Then

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("BM1").Select

End If

End Sub

post-141985-1181650344_thumb.jpg