Microsoft Update hungs, system unresponsive

steveblue

Hi,

I just reinstall xp pro , fully updated the system ok, installed Office 2003, and then set my update to use microsoft update instead of the windows update.

now i cant update any more as the microsoft update hungs during the scan, IE7 then crashes, anyone any ideas?

Steven

MMMMM, just updated office 2003 through the office website, installed all updates, restarted my pc, tried running windows update through IE7 , this time it completed the scan and showed the updates available :), but did so very slowly

so a step in the right direction :)

applied the two patches, wasnt asked to reboot ?? , rebooted the system anyway, fired up IE7 went to update was asked to install an activex to use it, did that, still the same problem :(

have installed office 2003 on windows xp pro , loads of times, have a few running with no probs with updater, just this one pc

Edited by steveblue

If the problem still exists after installing 927891 and 932494 and rebooting, you might want to call Microsoft and create a case under 927891 not working with the security group (it will be free).