error: I changed critical system files with nlite?!?

dfarce

Ok I had tried a few trial nlite installs in MS virtual PC so I finally decided what I wanted to do for my options and made a final boot ISO. I then loaded this in VPC and installed it. now, on my first login, I got an error saying something like Windows didn't recognize some of the system files and I could either reinsert my XP SP2 CD to fix the files (the disk was the ISO I had slipstreamed with SP2 in nlite) or that I could continue but WARNING: this may cause system instability. Any idea if this is an actual problem or just a consequence of usin nlite. The one thing I will say is that I slipstreamed SP2 with nlite, added post SP2 updates with ryanVM, then altered that working folder again with nlite. created a bootable ISO (which didn't show the error when installed) then copied the working directory to a new named folder (so I could keep the working original "working") and changed it again with nlite before creating the ISO that showed the error.

Am I actually compormising stability with something I did?

Thnx evryone

Without knowing exactly what you did, it is hard to give informed answer.

I would suspect you recompiled drivers, if that's the case, choose the option to disable sfc checking. This can be found in the Patches tab of the Options window.

I didn't recompile drivers. I may have accidentally done it but I doubt it, any other ideas? Oh and would what you do fix the problem? or just stop windows from checking for it?