Simple Tool To install hotfixes

I have created a tool to help install hotfixes if you manually download them for Windows XP. Save the file on your C: drive and run the tool. Browse to the folder where you have saved your hotfixes, and click install. What the tool does is create a batch file to install all the hotfixes. You need to make sure the source directory name is 8 characters or less.

HotfixInstall.exe

• 3 weeks later...

A little Clarification: What would you do if you downloaded these hotfixes after you installed Windows? It would be impractical to slipstream a new DVD every month. That is why this tool was designed. Because I download these hotfixes manually, I had to edit a batch file in the past for every hotfix manually. This tool does it AUTOMATICALLY. I hate Windows update because of the darn nag screens so I prefer to do it this way, and I am sure others will too. THE PRICE IS RIGHT !! I am offering this tool for free. But, if you prefer to slipstream a DVD every month, than that is up to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the tool.

I was wandering if it were possible to use different sets of switches for no backup (/n) and for integrate /integrate:[browse]. The first one would be useful if you don't want backup files created.

Thanks!

W

• 2 weeks later...
I like the tool.

I was wandering if it were possible to use different sets of switches for no backup (/n) and for integrate /integrate:[browse]. The first one would be useful if you don't want backup files created.

Thanks!

W

Yeah, I could do that. I wanted to see if people were interested in the tool first