Memory Problem / Limitation

max_carpenter

Hi everyone, Is there anyway I can get Vista installed when I lack about 5MB below the minimum Ram requirements?

It is important I have 4GB worth of Flash drives that i am going to use as extended Ram but I can't do that to install vista can I? I have to have at least 512 in normal ram?

The reason I am saying this is important is there is a game I need to play, at the moment I have no desktop and no money to get any upgrades/new machines and at the moment the game will not play on the laptop due to lack of memory, 512 is not enough to play it so I thought I I create a real stripped down version of Vista just for what I need to do then use my USB sticks as extended RAM I shold be able to play them game? Correct me if I am wrong.

So is their anyway I can get Vista on a machine with not quite enough Ram either by using Flash pens during installation or a hack/workaround?

Or is the next version of Vlite going to have this feature and if so how long do you think it will be?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Vista install fails because of less than 256RAM if you used that limit option in vLite, not because the limit is 256.

There is not a single reason except hype that you want to use Vista on such a weak machine. Even XP is borderline compatible let alone Vista. I would recommend Windows 2000.